Exercise and strengthen your inspiratory muscles which can help boost performance
Exercising and strengthening the muscles we use to breathe in - the inspiratory muscles - can help boost performance.
New research has shown that training these muscles can improve all-round fitness and even maximise the effectiveness of other muscles used in sport.
Using the laboratory-proven Powerbreathe training system of 30 breaths twice a day, an athlete's strength and endurance will increase rapidly.
Powerbreathe - an easy-to-use, drug-free, hand held device, has a controllable load for progressive training and is appropriate for athletes in all types of sports.
Studies have shown that time trial performance improves in elite rowers (Voliantis et al., 2001a) and cyclists (Romer et al., 2001a) by as much as 4.6%. That slashes almost 3 minutes off a 40km cycling time trial, and gives a winning margin of more than 60m in a 2000m rowing race!
Powerbreathe Classic is the result of intense research, trials and development by scientists at Birmingham and Loughborough Universities, and was launched in 2001.
The Powerbreathe Sports Performance model has been designed for competitive sports people, such as marathon runners and athletes, by seriously boosting inspiratory muscle performance that in turn reduces breathlessness.
- Enhances exercise performance
- Strengthens breathing muscles
- Proven drug-free results in 4 weeks
During exercise, the amount of air travelling in and out of our lungs can increase over twenty-fold, whereas the heart increases its output by less than six-fold. Thus, the relative demands placed upon the respiratory pump are huge, which is why Powerbreathe is so beneficial to those involved in competitive sports, including:
- Cycling, Running, Triathlon, Swimming, Walking
- Rugby, Football
- Rowing, Skiing, Mountaineering
- Cricket, Squash, Hockey
- Horse Riding
-Scuba Diving, Free Diving
The Powerbreathe Fitness model has been designed for anyone taking part in regular exercise, from walking the dog to fitness classes, and those wishing to improve their general fitness
- Reduces breathlessness
- Makes exercise feel easier
- Proven drug-free results in 4 weeks
Powerbreathe is also a useful aid in the training of diaphragmatic breathing and breathing control, making it ideal for:
- Fitness Instructors
- Musicians and Singers
- Dancers and Stage Performers
Achieve more by strengthening your breathing muscles. Improved airflow dynamics, ergonomic design, comfortable antibacterial mouthpiece, soft-touch nose clip.
Hi-tech design features & benefits of Powerbreathe PLUS:
- Improved airflow dynamics
- Ergonomic design
- Comfortable antibacterial mouthpiece (protects against bacteria such as E.Coli and MRSA)
- Soft-touch nose clip for improved comfort and grip
- Angled handle for optimum grip
- Simple disassembly for easy cleaning
- Easy-to-read resistance level indicator for improved monitoring
- Scratch resistant
Powerbreathe Plus Sport:
For serious sports people and professional athletes, POWERbreathe Sports Performance PLUS is a drug free training tool that improves endurance and speed within four weeks. No wonder it's used and endorsed by international athletes and sports associations.
In competitive sports, breathlessness is a barrier to better performance. Respiratory effort can account for up to 15% of cardiac output, and when the inspiratory muscles tire they divert blood from other hard working muscles (like in the arms and legs), which limits their performance. But Powerbreathe works by training the muscle group often overlooked by other sports preparation.
- Because the inspiratory muscles help to stabilise, rotate and control the upper body, POWERbreathe Sports Performance PLUS helps athletes increase muscle strength by up to 45%
- Running, rowing, hiking, swimming, cycling, team sports and gym workouts become less difficult, while recovery times shorten.
- In tests, rowing time trails improved by a margin of more than 60m in 2000m race, while cycling time trails over 40km improved by 3minutes.
- Between repeat sprints, recovery time was up to 7% faster.
- In laboratory conditions, stamina and endurance improved by 30%.
Powerbreathe Plus Fitness:
Achieve more by strengthening your breathing muscles, and get your breath back faster too. From brisk walks to weekly workouts, occasional tennis to regularly running for the bus, along with swimming, cycling and team games, all activity gets easier for you so you get more out of it.
To get the most from your body you need to pay attention to all aspects of your fitness. Most people assume breathing is controlled automatically, like our heartbeat, but the truth is that we need to learn how to breathe well