Cycle to Work Scheme
Saving from 25% on a new bike and safety equipment thanks to a government-backed Cycle to Work Scheme that makes buying a new bike much more affordable.
What is the Cycle To Work Scheme
Cycle to Work is a government-based incentive that enables you to purchase a new bike and spread the cost by way of salary sacrifice. The interest-free installments are deducted directly from your salary before Income Tax and National Insurance contributions. This enables you to make huge savings (on average of between 25-39%) on the total cost of your new bike.
How Do I Apply?
Speak to your employer's HR department to find out what information they need to process your Cycle To Work request. You will normally need to provide a quote on the bike you would like to purchase.
How do I obtain a quote?
Our website has a handy function available to help you obtain a quote, simply;
- Select your bike and add to your basket.
- In the basket click on 'get a cyclescheme quote'.
- Print off or save the quote and pass on to your employers Cycle To Work administrators.
- Await your vouchers arrival.
Please note that any carriage that is applicable may not be included within the voucher total and must be paid for separately. We will contact you upon receipt of the voucher to obtain the carriage charge.
What happens next?
- If you haven't received your voucher, speak to your HR department to chase it up.
- When you receive your voucher, add the bike to the basket and when you reach the payment screen select the appropriate Cycle to Work payment option.
- Provide us with a copy of your Cycle To Work voucher along with the order number (if it is a www.cyclescheme.co.uk. voucher then simply input the voucher codes as requested at time of order).
- Your bike is then built and delivered as normal.
- Salary sacrifice will commence from when you receive your bike.
How much could I save?
Frequently asked questions
How much can I save?
You can use the handy calculator above to work out what you can expect to save. On average it is between 25-39% (dependent upon the rate of tax that you pay).
How does the scheme work?
You order a bike and then hire it back from your employer for an agreed period by way of monthly payments which are deducted directly from your salary. At the end of this hire period, your employer will normally let you keep the bike (they may charge you a nominal fee however, this is at the discretion of your employer).
What vouchers do you accept?
We accept vouchers from all cycle to work providers, if you are uncertain please Contact Us for further assistance.
Can I top up the voucher?
This is dependent upon the scheme provider. If the voucher is provided by www.cyclescheme.co.uk.
then top-ups are not possible. If in doubt please Contact Us
for further assistance.
When do I order the bike?
Once you receive your voucher, you can order the bike as normal on the website and select either the ‘cyclescheme’ payment option (if you have a voucher from www.cyclescheme.co.uk) or ‘Other Cycle To Work Schemes’ if you have a voucher from any other provider.
Are there any items that are ineligible?
All bikes, parts, and accessories are available to order with the exception of;
- Power meters
- Bike Computers and GPS units
Please note that any applicable carriage may not be included within the voucher total.
Can I return the bike under the 30-day test ride policy?
No, unfortunately, Cycle to Work bikes are excluded from this offer.
What if I need to return or exchange anything?
Items can be exchanged like for like or to same value. Returns must be in as new condition and require written employer authorisation. See our Returns information.
Can I add additional items onto the order to make up the balance of the voucher?
Yes, you can. Your order must match the value of your voucher (which is why most employers insist on a quote first).
Cycle to Work vouchers we accept
- Green Commute Initiative.
- Bike 2 Work.
- NHS (Vivup).
- Enjoy Benefits.
- Salary Extras/Caboodle