Ribble CGR AL
THE RIBBLE CGR AL -
EXCELS FOR VERSATILITY & PERFORMANCE
Light and robust the CGR Alloy is an impressive bike that will take you anywhere with capable performance and striking style. Strong, versatile and durable, the geometry of the hand built, British-designed CGR Alloy has been carefully formulated to conquer a wide range of riding surfaces with ease.HOW TO BUY
- Reliable and durable Aluminium Hand built seamless weld 6061 T6 Heat Treated aluminium frame in 2 stunning paint schemes, Blue/Sky/White or Orange/Sky/White.
- Mudguard and rack mounts Discreet mounts for fitting full mudguards and pannier racks. Offering superb wet weather protection and capability to carry up to 20kg with pannier racks fitted.
- Multi wheel size compatibility The CGR Alloy can be fitted with 700c or 650b wheels allowing multi surface versatility and a vast choice of tyres.
- Wide tyre clearances Generous tyre clearance allows tyres up to 45mm (40mm with full mudguards) with 700c wheels fitted. Alternatively, with 650b wheels fitted tyres up to 47mm will be compatible.
Versatility is at the core of the CGR range and this aluminium model certainly ticks all of the boxes. The endurance (relaxed riding position) geometry of the CGR Alloy makes this bike comfortable, composed, responsive and ready for any ride.
Three carefully selected builds highlight the variety of riding that the CGR Alloy can treat you to. We promise that this bike is going to be a lot of fun.
Tough, versatile and reliable the CGR Alloy is the perfect companion for your daily commute. At home on mixed terrain with optional mudguards and luggage fitted it is ready for anything you can throw at it.
Engage adventure mode. 650b wheels, wider multi surface tyres, simple 1x groupset and mounts for luggage. The Adventure CGR Alloy is ready and raring to go off the beaten track.
Equally at home on the road with 700c wheels the CGR Alloy is ideal for a sportive or ride out with friends. A comfortable mile-eater that can outclass most.
- Full carbon disc compatible fork with thru axle and tapered steerer Advanced carbon monocoque fork for flat mount disc brakes with a 12mm Thru axle for precise handling and weight reduction.
- 12mm Thru axles Thru axles front and rear increase frame rigidity improving handling and braking performance.
- Internal cable routing Internally routed gear cables for fast smooth, shifting and weather protection.
- Frame weight Frame: 1.72kg. Fork: 480g +/-5g.
With discreet mounts for full mudguards and a rear rack the CGR Alloy is ready for duty around town with your commuter case or up country with loaded panniers, but that's not where the versatility of this bike stops.
Contained beneath the sleek lines of the aluminium frame and carbon fork are wide tyre clearances (for up to 45mm width tyres) that allow your CGR Alloy to do whatever you want it to from exploring forest trails and gravel right through to being your weekend best, road trip or big sportive bike.
Reliable hydraulic disc brakes do the stopping and mean that the CGR Alloy can be set up for multiple uses with a simple swap of tyres or wheelset.
"The flat mount hydraulic disc brakes are perfect for this all-surface bike and are made all the more impressive when combined with the 12mm thru-axle wheels," says Burrow.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
The seamless, 6061 T6 Heat Treated aluminium tube set creates a stiff frame which provides instant acceleration and performance no matter the terrain. The ovalized top tube of the CGR Alloy adds to the frame's horizontal stiffness for performance and the vertical compliance for outstanding shock absorption and comfort.
The slacker tube angles of the CGR Alloy provide greater comfort keeping the rider more centred and better balanced for endurance riding. The tube lengths and angles have been designed to offer quick handling given the wide tyre and multiple wheel options.
Finishing touches like the simply stunning paint schemes just add to the charm of this capable bike.
Sizing & Geometry
|Rider Height (ft)||5'4 - 5'7||5'7 - 5'9||5'9 - 5'11||5'11 - 6'1||6'1 - 6'4|
The 6061 Heat Treated Aluminium frame weighs 1.68kgs and the full monocoque carbon forks 470g. Approximate builds are Tiagra 9.5kgs,105 9.1kgs and Apex 1x 10kgs.
The frame carries a 3year warranty. All other parts have the standard manufacturer's warranty.
The CGR AL has ample clearance for 45mm tyres on the 700c wheels (40mm with full length mudguards) and 47mm on the 650b version.
There are 3 bottle cage mounts, seat tube, down tube and underneath the down tube.
We recommend a maximum rider weight of 120kgs.
Yes, the frame has discreet mudguard mounts for fitting full length mudguards (700c only).
The BB shell is a 68mm BSA threaded.
The seatpost is a 27.2mm diameter and the seat collar 31.8mm.
The CGR AL has mounts for a rear pannier rack and can accommodate 20kgs of luggage with ease.
The CGR AL has thru axles of 12x100 front and 12x142 rear.
Due to the many different systems people use we do not supply pedals with bikes but you can find a great array of pedals here.
We also offer unmatched customisation of your Ribble with our BikeBuilder. The BikeBuilder is where you can make more of your own decisions - choose your ideal groupset and wheels, personalise it with your own preferred finishing kit - the choices are all yours.