It’s winter, although you might not guess it given the recent temperatures. Still, it’s definitely winter and the roads are a bit dirtier, bit saltier, bit more likely to get your steed caked in filth after even only a short ride.
That’s one dirty CX bike!
While it isn’t a good look, riding round with a few extra lbs of mud and muck attached to your bike, it also isn’t the best for extending the life of your frame, wheels and other more intricate components. Therefore getting the ‘muck off’ quickly and efficiently is highly important! Enter…. Muc-Off.
Muc-Off have spent over 18 years honing their products, from refining the brushes and cloth accessories to formulating cutting edge cleaning fluid, drivetrain fluid and lubrication products. From this experience comes market leading product performance – that gets your bike clean and also protects it from the elements, salt and more mud and muck.
A common question among cyclists is: Why use special bike cleaners at all? Why can’t I just use washing up liquid? While washing up liquid is great at cleaning your dishes, and certain brands leave your hands as soft as your face, they aren’t really designed for use on bikes. For a start there is often a high salt content in washing up liquid, which is corrosive to your bikes moving parts to say the least. Also the nanotech cleaners from Muc-Off will lift the dirt from even the most tiny little cracks and crevices without (and this is the key part) removing any of the protective grease that keeps your bike well lubed. As well as not corroding your bike itself, Muc-Off cleaners also contain a corrosion inhibiting formula which protects your sensitive bike parts when you are next out on the road or trails. The nanotech coating – a super thin layer – left behind on your bike will make washing it next time that little bit easier too. So in closing, definitely don’t use washing up liquid and invest in some Muc-Off to protect your bike.
Let’s have a closer look at some of the products in the Muc-Off range:
Eliminate built up oil and grease on metal, plastic, rubber or seals quickly and easily.
- Fast and effective grease cutting formula
- Removes all chain oil and wax residue
- Safely eliminates drive chain contaminants
- Ideal for use with chain cleaning devices
- Trigger spray included for easy application
- Deep cleans all drive chain areas in seconds
Ceramic Wet Lube
Create a ceramic coating on your drivetrain for incredible durability and long distance performance.
- Ideal chain lubricant for Road Cycling, Cyclocross & MTB
- Excels in wet, muddy conditions
- Contains Fluoro Polymers & Boron Nitrides for efficiency
- Creates Ceramic coating for chain protection
- Ultra long distance performance
- Incredible durability
- Pippette system for accurate, easy application
Muc-Off’s most effective, but also most gentle formula to date.
- Safe on all parts and surfaces including carbon fibre
- Will not harm seals, cables, brake pads or rotors
- Effective road bike & mountain bike cleaner
- Safe on anodised metal
- Alkaline based and free from CFCs, solvents or acids
- Nano Tech Formula cleans on a molecular level
So for all of your bike cleaning needs, and not just in winter time, keep Muc-Off in mind! You can check out our whole range of Muc-Off products here