Ribble Urban 725s
THE RIBBLE 725s SINGLE-SPEED - FIXIE
SIMPLICITY & STYLE
The Fixie is a familiar sight on City streets across the world, loved by couriers and commuters alike for their urban cool, speed and simplicity, the Fixie gets you from A to B quickly, in style and with very little to go wrong thanks to their simple design with very low maintenance.
The Ribble Urban 725s is our take on the Fixie and is reflective of our passion for cycling and our very high product expectations, we have designed and crafted a Fixie that is built around a hand-built Reynolds 725 frameset with a contemporary urban inspired geometry complete with a high-end specification to match such a premium frame.HOW TO BUY
The 725s has been hand crafted using classic triple butted Reynolds 725 tubing to produce a frame with the compliant and vibration absorbing ride quality that only a high-quality steel frame can offer. Whilst the tubing and the look of the frame may lend itself to the traditional the geometry and design detail is definitely contemporary enabling this frameset to be built into a stylish Fixie to effortlessly cut through the city streets.
Comfort through road surface impact and vibration absorption is very important in a bike that will be ridden on pot holed and rough city streets and the Triple Butted Reynolds 725 tubing along with the specific shapes and profiles of the frame, fork and seat post ensure that the Urban 725 S rides as smoothly and comfortably over rough road surfaces as you would expect from a high end steel frame.
Straight blade forks ensure quick handling when weaving through traffic and on tight turns whilst compatibility with front and rear caliper brakes with internal routing for the rear cable ensures stopping power with concealed cables ensuring you don’t impact on the clean lines of the bike.
Fixed gear bikes have been synonymous with commuters and cycle couriers alike. The Reynolds tubing offers a very comfortable and durable platform, combined with the fixed gear system which requires much less maintenance than a traditional geared bike. For those that don't want to ride fixed, a freewheel option is also available.
THE URBAN 725s
- Frame - Reynolds 725 Steel Triple-Butted , front and rear brake mounts
- Fork - Cro-moly straight, Cro-moly steerer
- Chainset – Stronglight Track 165 48t
- Bottom Bracket – Stronglight JP400 BS68-113
- Chain – Sram PC1 1/8 Silver 114 links
- Sprocket – 16T
- Brakes – Tektro R559 Long Drop 55-73mm
- Wheels - Miche Xpress Track Fixed/Free
- Tyres – Schwalbe G-One Allround Raceguard Folding 700x40c Black
- Tubes – 700x32/47 LV60mm
- Handlebar – Level Urban Alloy Bar 31.8 Black 640mm Black
- Handlebar stem – Level Urban Alloy 31.8 50mm Black
- Handlebar tape – Level Rubberised Grips Black
- Seatpost – Level 1 Alloy 27.2mm 350mm Black
- Saddle – Ribble Classic Black
- Weight – 9.5kgs / 20.9lbs
- Recommended maximum weight – 120kgs including rider and bike
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
Fixed gear single speed bikes have long been a popular choice for cycle couriers and everyday commuters. Highly regarded for their simplicity and as a direct consequence the reduced maintenance they require there is very little to go wrong. Should you prefer to ride single speed then the flip/flop hub allows the wheel to be reversed and you have a freewheel style of bike.
A stunning Reynolds 725 steel frame in a retro Grey and White colour scheme. Level Riser bars, Level Stubby stem and a Stronglight drivetrain, Tektro R559 deep drop brakes, plus a Miche Xpress Track wheelset.
Simplicity and styling are the keys to the Urban 725, it is a thing of beauty to behold and will cut a swathe through traffic on the city streets thanks to its straight bladed forks. If you value rugged day to day reliability and are not the most ardent of mechanics then a fixed/single speed bike is a great option.
1) It positively oozes urban cool with the riser bars and retro colour scheme.
2) Steel frames absorb road vibrations better than any other material so the 725 will easily cope with rough roads.
3) A flip/flop hub system; 1 side of the hub is fixed and when you reverse the wheel it offers a single speed freewheel system.
4) Little maintenance, lets face it most cyclists least favourite task is cleaning the bike when it is subjected to day to day use. With no gears there are only brake cables that require adjustment.
5) The rear brake cable runs internally through the frame which helps to maintain the clean lines of the bike.
- Reynolds 725 tubing Offers compliance and vibration absorption for a smooth ride feel with durability
- Urban geometry Comfort and quick handling
- Brake compatibility Front and rear brake compatibility
- Internal rear brake cable routing For a clean look if running no rear brake
- Tyre clearance For up to 700x40c
- Straight blade Cro-moly fork For steering precision
Sizing & Geometry
|Rider Height||5’6” - 5’9”
168cm - 175cm
|5’8 - 5’11”
173cm - 180cm
|6’ - 6’3”
183cm - 191cm
|A - Seat Tube Angle||72.5||72.5||72.5|
|B - Top Tube (Horizontal) mm||575||595||625|
|C - Fork angle||72.5||72.5||72.5|
|D - Fork Trail - mm||40||40||40|
|E - Headtube - mm||100||120||150|
|F - BB Drop - mm||49||49||49|
|RC - Chainstay Length (mm)||415||415||415|
|WB - Wheelbase (mm)||1015||1029||1060|
|G - Seat Tube (mm)||470||500||530|