Ribble R872 Disc
The latest iteration of our highly successful and test winning R872 (Winner of Cycling Weekly and Cycling Plus 'Best on Test' Awards). The versatile ‘sportive’ geometry results in a bike equally well suited to epic century rides and fast commutes. With its precision handling, stiffness and stability this is also an excellent choice for those wishing to dip their toe into the world of road racing or simply those looking for an agile and nimble road bike.
THE RIBBLE R872 DISC -
THE MULTI AWARD WINNER'S REBIRTH
The latest iteration of our highly successful, test winning R872 (Winner of Cycling Weekly and Cycling Plus 'Best on Test' awards). The R872 Disc has a versatile ‘sportive’ geometry which results in a bike equally well suited to epic century rides and fast commutes. Flat mount disc brakes ensure, powerful, modulated stopping power in all weather conditions. With its precision handling, stiffness and stability this is also an excellent choice for those wishing to dip their toe into the world of road racing or simply those looking for an agile and nimble road bike.HOW TO BUY
- Full carbon frame and carbon bladed fork Increased torsional stiffness and better vibration absorption
- Endurance geometry Fine tuned for confidence inspiring handling, stability and all day in the saddle comfort
- Internal cable routing and Di2 Compatibility Cleaner lines, improved aerodynamics with cables away from the elements
- Tapered down tube and box section chainstays Increased torsional stiffness for pedalling efficiency, handling and high-end race bike acceleration
- Flat mount disc brakes Powerful and controlled braking
Designed in house here at Ribble HQ in Lancashire and expertly hand crafted from carbon this stylish and lightweight machine is built to offer you the perfect combination of a high-end performance road bike but with a slightly more relaxed 'sportive' geometry. The shape and dimensions of each tube have been carefully selected to offer you the most compliant ride possible for those epic rides yet not lose its agility.
The sleek profiled tubing offers the perfect balance between high-end performance and styling. Internal cable routing has been incorporated into the design to both improve the lines of the bike but also to keep the cables out of the elements. This in turn ensures that the bike is more streamlined and will therefore also make you faster and climb better than ever before! We have made various changes to the previous R872s design to achieve an improved ride feel, these include;
- An oversize profile, tapered downtube for improved torsional stiffness and power transfer.
- A dropped seat stay design for vertical compliance and vibration absorption enhancing comfort.
- An aero profile carbon bladed fork for precision steering.
- A tapered head tube offering improved front end stiffness.
- Disc Brakes for powerful, modulated braking in all conditions.
- The chainstays have been lengthened slightly to provide extra stability.
- Enhanced tyre clearance for additional comfort and grip.
- Internal cable routing for cleaner lines and protection for the cables.
- The tried and tested threaded bottom bracket design for increased durability.
Flat mount disc brakes ensure that you have powerful all-weather stopping power and the addition of bolt thru axles improves both the braking performance and steering precision.
The R872 also makes for a very capable race bike. The dropped seat stays, as well as offering better protection from road vibration also offer better power transfer thanks to the reduced section of the rear triangle.This translates into a lightning fast bike that is equally at home on the sportive as it is on your commute.
This reduced section rear triangle design combined with an oversize BB and box section chainstays allows more of the power generated by you to be transferred directly to the road and allows for better acceleration. Every watt transferred into forward motion means less power that you have generated is wasted due to the increased torsional stiffness and all energy saved is a bonus and reduces fatigue.
The front end stiffness is provided by the incorporation within the design of an oversize tapered head tube, tapered fork steerer and fork profile.
- 12mm bolt thru axles Better braking and steering control
- Mudguard compatible Discreet mounts for full mudguards
- Generous tyre clearance Clearance for 28mm tyres (25mm with guards)
- Dropped seatstays Improved power transfer and vibration absorption
The brand new and latest iteration of the R872 is a lightweight carbon road bike. With a relaxed fit ‘sportive’ geometry and precision handling it is as adept on those epic century rides as it is agile and nimble when cornering and descending.
The R872 is the right bike for someone looking for the low weight and high-end performance characteristics of a high-end carbon road bike but at an accessible price. Whether you are looking for a bike to introduce you to the world of cycling or are thinking of dipping your toe into road racing the R872 is both a lightweight and durable choice.
A lightweight carbon frame and carbon bladed fork, built with Shimano’s ever reliable, precise shifting groupsets. A complete, matched Level 1 Alloy finishing kit, internally routed cables for cleaner lines and better aerodynamics and Level aluminium wheels.
The R872 is a fantastic value upgrade option for anyone looking to upgrade to a carbon frame. With its relaxed fit 'sportive' geometry, light weight, comfort and precision handling you can be sure it will be as comfortable for those all day in the saddle epics as it is quick and nimble when surmounting those pesky climbs and high-speed descents.
1) It offers plenty of bang for your buck! A carbon frame and carbon bladed fork with Shimano groupsets for slick shifts and a complete matched Level 1 finishing kit.
2) The quick and responsive ride quality will have you beaming as well as being eminently comfortable thanks to the low weight, 'sportive' geometry and precision handling.
3) It’s infinitely upgradeable at a later date, should you wish to lighten it even further or add more bling. Once you have a great quality frameset you have the base for a very lightweight machine indeed.
4) The disc brakes and thru axles offer fantastic all weather braking performance for added confidence in mixed conditions.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
The carefully considered geometry of the R872 has been chosen to offer you the ultimate in comfort and stability as well as provide poised, controlled, handling. Endurance rides such as long distance sportives demand that you be as comfortable in the saddle as possible to reduce fatigue and prevent soreness. To alleviate this as much as possible the dropped seat stays offer incredible vibration absorption from the roads. Also, the tall head tube and shorter top tube design of the frame offers a relaxed more upright position.
The R872 frame has discreet mudguard mounts and clearance for tyres widths up to 28mm (25mm with mudguards fitted). These features ensure better comfort thanks to the wider tyre profile and all-weather capability for those all-season epic rides.
Sizing & Geometry
|Rider Height (ft)||5'0 - 5'3
|5'3 - 5'7
|5'7 - 5'10
|5'10 - 6'1
|6'1 - 6'4
|HT||71 °||72 °||73 °||73 °||73 °|
|ST||75 °||74.5 °||73.5 °||73.5 °||73.5 °|
A Medium sized Tiagra Mechanical Disc build weighs in at approx 9.2kgs and the 105 hydraulic at approx 9.4kgs.
The frame carries a 3 year warranty. All other parts have the standard manufacturer’s warranty.
The R872 has clearance for 28mm tyres (25mm with mudguards).
There are mounts for 2 bidons (bottles).
Yes, the frame has discreet mounts for fitting full mudguards.
The BB shell is a traditional threaded 68mm British type.
The seatpost is a 27.2mm diameter with a seat clamp of 31.8mm diameter.
No, the frame does not have rack mounts.
The frame requires 12x100 front and 12x142 rear thru axles.
We recommend a maximum rider weight of 120kgs.
Due to the many different pedal systems available we do not supply pedals with bikes but you can find a great array of pedals here.
We also offer unmatched customisation of your Ribble with our BikeBuilder. The BikeBuilder is where you can make more of your own decisions - choose your ideal groupset and wheels, personalise it with your own preferred finishing kit - the choices are all yours.